Zelle is a peer-to-peer money transfer app that enables users to transfer funds from their bank accounts to each other at zero fees. It provides a convenient way to transfer money directly between nearly any U.S. bank account, usually in a matter of minutes.
Although Zelle is not specifically designed to facilitate cryptocurrency transactions directly, you can easily use it to transfer funds to any reputable exchange to securely buy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies at low fees.
If you’re looking to buy cryptos with Zelle, the first thing you need to do is sign up and verify your identity on a reputable exchange that supports Zelle for payments. Then proceed to the “Buy Crypto” section and select P2P trading. Select Zelle as your payment method and proceed with your purchase.
Below is a quick overview of three of the best crypto exchanges to buy cryptos with Zelle and step-by-step guidelines to complete your purchase. Note that these are all legit crypto exchanges and they require KYC verification for buying crypto.
Bybit is recommended as the best crypto exchange to buy Bitcoin and other digital assets with Zelle as it is a licensed crypto exchange that supports Zelle for crypto purchases. They offer advanced trading options for futures, perpetual contracts, and inverse contracts with up to 100x leverage for over 350 cryptocurrencies.
Trading fees are as low as 0.02% for makers and 0.055% for takers on the futures market. For spot trading, the fee is 0.1% for both makers and takers.
Additionally, Bybit allows users to securely buy cryptos with over 300 payment methods including Zelle at zero fees. If you’re looking to conveniently buy cryptos with Zelle on Bybit, follow the step-by-step guidelines below:
Sign up using your email address or phone number, then verify your identity by uploading a valid ID. If you’re an existing user, simply login to your Bybit account
At the top of the homepage, click on “Buy Crypto”, then select “P2P trading”
On the Bybit P2P trading interface, navigate to the payment method tab and select “Zelle”. Only USD is supported for payment via Zelle, so select USD, enter the desired amount, and select the crypto you’d like to purchase. In this case, we’ll be buying USDT for $200.
Choose your preferred advertiser and click on “Buy USDT”. Input your order details again to confirm your order, then click “BUY”.
The Zelle details of the advertiser will be provided on the next page. Copy the details and proceed to your Zelle account to make the transfer. Afterward, go back to Bybit to select “Payment completed”. Your crypto will be released to your Bybit account once your payment is verified.
Binance is a leading cryptocurrency exchange founded by Changpeng Zhao in 2017. Since then the platform has become a people-favorite currently having over 120 million users worldwide.
The exchange has the most financial products. They offer spot, future, margins, options, and NFT trading. Users can also trade over 350 cryptocurrencies on Binance, including their native token, BNB.
Trading fees are as low as 0.02% for makers and 0.05% for takers on the futures market. For spot trading, fees are fixed at 0.1% for both makers and takers, making Binance an attractive choice for active traders.
Moreover, buying cryptos on Binance is made easier and more appealing with Zelle as it offers seamless transactions and no charges on any deposits. You can follow the guidelines provided below to conveniently buy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with Zelle on Binance.
- Sign up or log in to the Binance. KYC verification is required for buying cryptos and this requires you to upload a government-issued ID and a live selfie
- After logging in, on the homepage, click on “Trade” at the top left corner
- Select ‘P2P’ from the dropdown menu.
- On the P2P trading interface, select the coin you want to purchase, the fiat currency which would be USD, and the payment method. In this case, you’ll choose “Zelle” as your payment method, as indicated in the image below
- Select your preferred advertiser from the list below
- Copy the user’s Zelle details and proceed to your Zelle account to make the payment. Then go back to Binance to click “Payment Completed” and your cryptos will be added to your account once your payment is verified.
OKX was founded by John Chen in 2017 and currently has over 16 million users worldwide. OKX offers users numerous options to traders, including spot, margin, futures, options, perpetual swaps trading, and many more.
Users have access to one of the lowest fees in the crypto market. Fees are 0.08% for makers and 0.1% for takers on the spot market. For futures trading, fees are fixed at 0.02% for makers and 0.05% for takers.
Additionally, crypto traders and investors can securely buy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with Zelle at zero fees on OKX. If you don’t know how to go about this, here are the steps to guide you:
- Sign up to OKX with your email address or phone number and verify your identity by uploading a valid ID and taking a live capture. If you’re an existing user, just log in to your OKX account.
- Go to the “Buy Crypto” section and select “P2P trading”
- On the OKX P2P trading interface, select “Zelle” as your payment method. Then select the desired crypto, indicate USD as the fiat currency for payment, and enter the amount you want to purchase.
- Choose your preferred advertiser and proceed to your Revolut account to make the transfer.
- Go back to OKX and click “Payment Completed”. Once your transaction is verified, your cryptos will be released to your OKX account
Zelle has become widely accepted as a very affordable and reliable method of buying cryptos by popular crypto exchanges. The platform allows seamless transfers between U.S. account owners at no charge at all. If you want to buy Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies with Zelle, you can pick any of the exchanges provided above, and follow the comprehensive guidelines provided. However, we recommend Bybit as the best crypto exchange to conveniently buy cryptocurrencies with Zelle.